Glitz and Glam: Bedrooms Go Old Hollywood with Lili Alessandra
Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn – all iconic beauties that personify “Old Hollywood” and serve as a reminder of times past filled with lavish living and glitzy lifestyles. Even if you aren’t a movie star you can still welcome the glamorous living of the rich and famous in to your bedroom.
Throughout my designing process I’ve always been drawn to the drama that is Old Hollywood and the sophisticated high glam that the cinematic sirens embraced. Aspects of my current collection is much a tribute to this star studded time with the exquisite Lili Alessandra modern touch. Here are a few tips for creating a timeless bedroom filled with Old Hollywood glam:
– Go Neutral With Your Palette: I don’t mean “old” neutral such as boring “Builder Beige.” Think crisp whites or metallic greys. Your accessories are going to be very dramatic so you need to start with a simple color palette in order to prevent going too over the top.
– Add the Glitz: It’s all about metallics! That means painted metallic furniture, metallic lamps and any other metallic accessories you can find.
– The Celebrity’s Bed: Let your bed be the STAR of the room. Our MODERNE in metallic silvers and golds are worthy of the red carpet and allow you to sleep in pure luxury.
– Velvet Textures: Velvet always says luxe. Try one of the Lili Alessandra oversized velvet headboards or velvet drapes which are impressive and sexy.
– Light Fixtures: To finish the space, add a large chandelier with sparkling crystals.
Now you can enjoy the luxuriousness of Old Hollywood from your own home with these glitz and glam tips.